Monday, April 27, 2009

Steve Currens


ROTARY INVOLVEMENT: I am a charter member and past president of the Rotary Club of Kokomo Early Risers. I have been the Foundation chair for several years. I regularly attend 2 Rotary clubs and am an Assistant Governor for 3 Rotary Clubs. I have been a GSE host and committee member for the past 2 years.
I will be the Race Director for a 5K Walk/Run to raise money for Polio Plus this year.
OCCUPATION; After earning my degree at Indiana University I worked for two years in Gabon and Senegal teaching English as a foreign language in the US Peace Corps. I was a public school teacher in
Indiana for 2 years. I worked in the Real Estate field for 20 years listing and selling residential and commercial property and chairing the Grievance and Professional Standard Committees. I am currently the
owner/operator of Currens Zapfe Paper Company, a distributorship of commercial paper products.
INTERESTS; I love animals and nature and enjoy natural settings where I can observe them. I enjoy
being around water, swimming, snorkeling and boating. I love to travel and have recently visited Belize,
the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador, Mexico and Canada. I am planning a trip to the Holy Land .I like meeting new people and making new friends.
IN MY FREE TIME: I enjoy going to the movies with my wife, reading, especially biographies,Rotary activities, computers, going to libraries and bookstores, and regular trips to Starbucks, a popular US Coffeehouse .I like spectator sports, driving and long walks.
THOUGHTS THAT HELP GUIDE ME THROUGH LIFE; "The highest form of Wisdom is kindness," and
that "the one's you love are life's most precious gifts." And I love the 4 Way Test.

No comments:

Post a Comment