Monday, May 4, 2009

Day TWO!


What a heck of a day!

We traveled to Botswana to spend the whole day at Chobe National Park for a boat tour (amazing!) and a safari by truck. We saw it all, birds, impalas, crocodiles, hippopotamus, giraffe and elephants. We had an amazing day capped off by our first Rotary meeting, dinner and presentation with Rotary Club of Livingtone, Zambia. A full day for sure!

Tomorrow, we plan to visit a local orphanage, hospice and market followed by a tour of Victoria Falls (much anticipated!) and an excursion to walk with lions! Yes, I said walk! And all of this before dinner! What a day!

5 comments:

  1. Again I say the pics are awesome!! How amazing.
    ..Gina, let me know which orphanage you visit. It will be interesting to see if it is one we will be partnering with for the project I told you about.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! Gina take lots of pic's of the elephants and I will need photographic proof that you walked with lions...let me know if it is anything like walking with Dofi...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures! You all are seeing some really cool sites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Melanie!! I was just now able to get into your blog spot (This is new for me!)
    How beautiful your pictures are. Your team seems really great and it looks like you have bonded well. I'll try to stay in touch
    Terry Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are all representing well. God is with you and so are we. Stay safe and just enjoy this once in a lifetime experience!! Go Gina!!

    ReplyDelete